Developing the holistic child is of upmost importance and, with this in mind, our broad and balanced curriculum encompasses academic subjects, sport, music and Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Education. We are particularly proud of the respect and care that our children show for one another, the environment and the community around us.
We provide a wide range of activities and opportunities for our children to ensure they make progress academically, socially, physically and morally. We endeavour, through our curriculum, to stimulate our pupils’ interests and imagination and motivate them through a high standard of teaching and learning to realise their potential and achieve success.
This is a school in the heart of our community and through our teaching and learning we engage and encourage involvement with the local church, Castle, Foodbank, local Care Home etc, to add an extra dimension to our children’s learning.
Excellent links with the local Junior School enable us to have a good understanding of the children’s knowledge and skill levels which helps effective transition.
Throughout the school opportunities are regularly taken to extend the curriculum beyond our statutory requirements. These include:
- Regular visitors, musicians, and themed assemblies by visitors.
- Regular curriculum focus days.
- Use of the outside classroom areas, our Forest School area and locality/wider environment.
- Educational visits, trips to museums/galleries and other places of interest.
- Class trips and to places of interest connected with the curriculum.