Parent Support Advisor
Hello my name is Amy Hughes. I am the Parent Support Adviser here at Rowena Academy.
I am here to work together with parents/carers and families to help you and your child get the very best from school and support you with any worries that might be causing concerns with your child’s education or behaviour.
I am school based and here to work directly with you on issues such as attendance, behavioural concerns and family issues.
I can offer:-
- Friendly, non-judgemental advice and support.
- A Listening Ear.
- A Link between home and school.
- An open door policy.
- Help with your child’s behaviour.
- A chance to talk through issues and concerns.
- Opportunities to meet other parents.
- Parenting courses.
- Information regarding school issues.
- Support on home issues.
- An understanding of how to become more involved in your child’s school.
- Advice on how to take up personal learning opportunities for future job prospects.
- I am worried about my child changing classes/schools
- How can I meet other parents
- I just need someone to talk to
- I am struggling to cope
- I am worried about my child’s behaviour
- I didn't enjoy school but I want my child to
- Since my partner left things just haven't been the same
- I’d like to develop my own skills
Please drop in to see me anytime.
You will find me in the main reception area.
If I am not around please leave me a message in the Office and I’ll get back in touch with you.